Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Last but not least...

Upon designing the drawing room, I discovered that a writing desk had to be designed, so last of the assets to be made for my section of pre-production is this table. Tomorrow, all the group's work will be compiled together for the design and development documents and the blog will continue to follow into the flurry of production. Make sure your eyes are over 1 meter high, becuase it's going to be a hell of a rollercoaster!

Rooms 11 and 13

Room 12

Room 12 is the only one out of the following rooms to be scanned, due to the fact the rooms are all pretty standard in layout, so shall just have the doors moved around.

Room 20

When doing the initial plans, room 20 doesn't have any key features other than being small and intrusive, but essentially juts a box room joining three rooms. This room shall have inclining walls creating uneasiness.

Room 22

Monday, 11 January 2010

Rough Painting

This is a painting to go at the end of a dark and atmoshperic corridor, it is intended to look like a character to interact or learn from, but will just be a painting. I tried to distort the water colour paint with water and bleach, but I think the paper had absorbed the original picture and locked it pretty tight. This might get redone during production but for now is fit for purpose.

Saturday, 9 January 2010


For now, that is it in regards to my assets, stay tuned for room plans and dynamics.

Friday, 8 January 2010

Monday, 4 January 2010

Room Allocation

On the site we have a house plan and room list numerically linked, as you can see. i have chosen rooms: 11, 12, 13, 20, 21, 22 and 8c.

The rooms have been drawn out seperately and are awaiting the A3 scanner ready for photoshop. With each room will come a set of wall panel orthographics, birdseye view and list of relevant assets plus a dynamic picture.


In the group we have all set about with doing assets from a list and likewise with rooms. I originally opted to do the faceless servants that loom around the house but upon started initial designs, thought it too weak to do the project justice. This being the case, i swapped the servants for Vases with Pat. I am currently part way though the initial sketches for the Vase design and all is good. I think that it was the right thing to swap.
Characters were never my strongest skill and, although i shall need to hone my expertise in the area, with the deadline catching us up, now is not the time.