Thursday, 13 May 2010

May's Assets

Here are the last of the assets for this project so far. We are aiming to work on this project throughout the summer to the goal of gamecity in october. You may notice an unfinished chair to the right of the "hell room" chair, this was the original attempt but I got fustrated with it, so started again to a better result.

For the development and a downloadable version of the game as it stands, visit:

Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

April's Assets

This month saw some of my favourite models to date, including the grand piano and the grandfather clock. I spent quite a while trying to get the piano just right. the clock is one of only a few objects in the house that move, with the pendulem swinging.

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

This month I had time to focus on more specific items of furniture such as the Dollhouse for the nursery. the tables were a must though so that we could plac e them around the house to gauge obsticle distances from doors etc. Spatial awareness is a key factor in the composition of the house overall, as with each room on it's own.

Monday, 29 March 2010

Sunday, 28 February 2010

Assets from February

Now that production has started, I will be modelling, ambient occluding and texturing assets for my final project. There is a long list of assets that I have to create, so I might batch a few assets in pictures together at the end of each month. With the design document as a guide, creating assets should be fluid and straight-forward with technical hiccups to be expected!

This month was dedicated to creating infrastructure and the house in its roughest stage. Priority went on assets such as doors, doorframes, pillars and columns. These will populate the walls and fill the gaps where the doors need to go on the early stage of the build so we have a better “feel” for the house rather than just a bunch of walls with holes in.
To further aid spatial awareness and room layout, this month has been a bit table mad, I have also dedicated a bit more time to focus on the ornate fireplace, with several different sections being merged into the one asset. I wanted to add a consistent feel to the design of the assets as shown in the orthographics; this also meant that I could lift parts of other assets to build new ones. You can see this in the fireplace that is surrounded by a truncated and slightly edited ornate doorframe model from last month. This made for efficient time usage whilst maintaining quality.